Terms & Conditions
“The Cyclist” means the named person on the official entry form.
“Ride Reigate”, the Organiser, is a trading brand of Run Series Limited, a registered company in England No: 10939051 of Stanton House, 1 Castlefield Road, Reigate Surrey RH2 0SA United Kingdom.
Ride Reigate (the ‘Organiser’) declares and states that:
1. Ride Reigate (the ‘Event’) is a sportive cycling event of a self selected distance (100K, 50K or 25K) to be held on Sunday the 12th July 2020. All distances start and finish at Reigate College, Castlefield Rd, Reigate RH2 0SD. The Event is wholly sponsored, produced, directed, organised and paid for by Ride Reigate.
2. Only persons aged 16 or above on Event day (12/7/2020) may register for the 100K and 50K distances, persons aged 7 years or above on Event day may register for the 25K distance. All riders under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
3. The Event is not a race and all riders must treat it as a noncompetitive event. The Event, is a cycle ride organised by Run Series for the personal satisfaction of the individual cyclist named on the entry form (the ‘Cyclist’) who, after successfully completing the route, having provided a mobile phone number on filling out the entry form will receive a text message (SMS) showing their finishing time.
4. The Cyclist acknowledges that throughout the Event the Cyclist is on a private excursion on the public highway and enters the Event entirely at their own risk. The Cyclist is responsible for their actions at all times. The Organiser accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any accident, injury, damage or liability to any third party incurred by the Cyclist during, or as a result of their participation in the Event.
5. Participants acknowledge that itineraries, schedules, and other details of the Event may be subject to change and Run Series will not be liable for any adverse consequences arising from such changes.
6. Participants agree to comply with the scheduled itinerary for the Event along with all directions and instructions given by Run Series or its representatives at all times during the Event.
7. Whilst providing assistance and guidance, it is the Cyclist’s personal responsibility to follow the route indicated.
8. Drinks will not be dispensed during the ride but are supplied at the two designated feed stations along with a selection of foods.. The refreshments
i.e. drinks, bananas, energy bars, cake, biscuits etc. are free of charge at the two feeding stations. Please note that food and drink at the HQ will be charged for. Cyclists with food allergies or intolerances must make their own decision as to whether any food or drink dispensed at the HQ and feed stations is safe for them to consume. The Organiser cannot accept any responsibility for any problems that arise due to any food or drink consumed on the ride.
9. We accept no responsibility for cycles, clothing or equipment stolen or left unattended in the event H.Q, feed stations or out on the route.
10. The Cyclist is advised to have his/her own personal accident and third party liability insurance. Cyclists under 18 entering will be required to give parental proof that proper insurance is in place if asked to produce it at The Event.
11. The Cyclist must wear a hardshelled cycling specific helmet that complies with current safety standards. This is mandatory and the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry or withdraw riders who do not comply.
12. The Cyclist should wear appropriate clothing and be suitably equipped to counter possible adverse weather conditions. Failure to be clothed adequately could mean you will not be allowed to start.
13. The Cyclist must be selfsufficient and be physically and mentally capable of riding the event. Furthermore the Cyclist must be competent and properly equipped to deal with the challenges of the Event and any mechanical failure and punctures. The Organiser strongly recommends the carrying of a mobile phone during the event including Event Emergency Contact details.
14. The Cyclist agrees that the purpose of the marshals is only to indicate direction and the Cyclist must decide personally whether any movement is safe. Marshals have no legal right to, and cannot, stop traffic and it is therefore the Cyclist(s) responsibility to navigate safe passage at all crossings and junctions.
15. NO Cyclist should leave their personal rubbish or clothing on any third party property, especially on the walls of ANY local properties. Failure to comply with this may result in the event being cancelled and the Cyclist(s) in question being banned from riding in this or any other future Run Series event. NO Cyclist shall park in an inconsiderate manner, extra parking marshals will be deployed to control parking on the roads in the vicinity of the Event HQ (Reigate College) to ensure that disruption and inconvenience to local residents is kept to an absolute minimum. Any Cyclist who ignores the marshals’ instructions regarding parking will be disqualified and not allowed to start the event. Please car share where possible.
16. Refunds or part refunds for entries to the Event will not be issued under any circumstances. The reason for this is that the Organiser has to commit to a vast array of expenditure prior to the event and are committed to these prior to and on the day of the event regardless of whether it runs due to bad weather, road works, etc. Under exceptional circumstances the Organiser will allow the Cyclist to have another cyclist take their place, but this must be with the express permission of the Organiser and completion by the replacement Cyclist of an Entry Form and their agreement to the terms and conditions of the Event by no later than June 25th 2020.
17. Cyclists will be able to transfer between distances for a £10 admin fee. Please contact the Event organiser to do this.
18. Entry closes on July 4th 2020 no entries or rider detail changes will be accepted after this date.
19. No personal support cars for Cyclists will be permitted.
20. Participation in the event is entirely at the Cyclist’s own risk. Each Cyclist is responsible for organising their own personal third party liability and accident and injury insurance. (See No 8 above). The Organiser, does not, and has no responsibility for verifying that each Cyclist has such insurance cover in place.
21. Each Cyclist will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the Cyclist. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the Cyclist agrees that a employee of Ride Reigate or member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the Cyclist accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
By entering the event the Cyclist declares that he/she:
A. Is Over 18, or if under 18, has the written consent of his/her Parent or Guardian to participate and must produce this in writing on request if required to along with confirmation of adequate personal accident and third party liability insurance.
B. Is suffering from no illness, disease, or injury that could prevent them from completing the route.
C. Acknowledges that they are confident they have the ability to complete their chosen distance.
D. Is an experienced and competent cyclist accustomed to riding safely in the company of others.
E. Will adhere to the Laws of the Land and observe the Highway Code, with special consideration to horses and their riders when passing.
F. Where possible: keep to the left; ride not more than two abreast; single out on narrow roads; be aware of backlogs and if in a large group leave passing places between riders; extend courtesy to other road users and participants; stop at junctions; be careful when crossing main roads; exercise caution when descending steep hills and follow any marshal’s instructions.
G. Will not use earphones (e.g. MP3, iPods) which are prohibited during the Event.
H. Will be courteous at all times to other cyclists, members of the public and the Organiser’s officials, marshals and event helpers. Also ensure caution and etiquette is observed when passing or approaching horses and mounted riders.
I. In the case of failing to complete the Event the Rider may incur costs when requesting assistance in returning to HQ or home. Confirmation that any cost will be met may be requested before the Organiser arranges any transportation.