Ride Reigate is a cycle ride set in the Surrey and Sussex countryside, taking place on Sunday 7th July 2019. There are three route options to choose from. You can either complete a 100k cycle (around 63 miles) or a shorter 50k cycle (around 31 miles) or a Family focused 25k cycle (around 16 miles)
Ride Reigate starts and finishes at Reigate College close to Reigate train station (Postcode: RH2 0QF).
The roads will not be closed for Ride Reigate, therefore, you will be cycling on open roads with other road users. You must adhere to and obey the Highway Code and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off-road users. Although the roads will be open, you will be able to find your way as all three routes will be signed with directional arrows, messages and warnings. You must observe and adhere to these at all times.
Only persons aged 16 or above on Event Day (7/7/2019) may register for the 100k and 50k distances, persons aged 7 years or above on Event Day may register for the 25k distance. All riders under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Registration for Ride Reigate 100k and 50k rides opens at 07.00 and closes at 09.15 with cyclists briefed and started on the ride in groups between 8.00 and 09.30. Registration for Ride Reigate 25k rides opens at 09.15 and closes at 09.45 with cyclists briefed and started on the ride in groups between 09.30 and 10.00.
You must have arrived back at Reigate College no later than 4pm so please make sure you register and start early so you can comfortably finish your chosen route.
Reigate College is easily accessible by road and rail.
Limited event parking will be available at Reigate College, Willis Towers Watson or Kimberly Clark on a first come first serve basis. There will be a suggested donation of £2 for the car parks – all proceeds will go directly to St Catherine’s Hospice. There is also ample parking in Reigate – close to the college.
If you are travelling by train, the nearest train station is Reigate, which is just 500 metres away. Exit Reigate Station via Platform 2 and walk down past Homebase – turning left onto Rushworth Road. Reigate College is 100 metres on your right.
You do need to have your own bike and helmet to take part in Ride Reigate. Wearing a helmet is mandatory on this event and you must have checked that your bike is fit for purpose before turning up.
You need to be reasonably fit to take part in Ride Reigate cycle ride; though we believe that anyone can take part in our cycling events if they follow the training plan provided.
As many as you like! You can sign up as either an individual or as part of a team.
- Electronic on-the-day timing – When you register in on the day we will provide you with bike numbers and a timing chip. The chip goes on your helmet and will activate your time as you cross the start line, and then deactivate it when you cross the finish line, recording your time out on the course. Your time will be available via our website after the event (usually within 24 hours).
- Mechanical support – We provide mechanical support at the start, on route and at our feed station courtesy of our event partners Maison Du Vélo, Finch Cycles and C&N Cycles. If you encounter any failures or breakdowns along the route you can give us a call and we will send someone out to you. We will either bring a mechanic to you or we will pick you up and take you to the nearest mechanic at our feed stops.
- Medical Support: We will provide medical support at the start, finish and out on the route for all three routes. If you’ve had a fall, feeling unwell or have witnessed an accident, give us a call on the medical number provided and we will get someone to you as soon as possible. If the nature of the accident or illness is really serious, please call 999 first and then contact us immediately after.
- Refreshments before and after the ride – There will be on-site catering courtesy of Reigate College so you can get something to eat and drink before and after the event. Make sure you have cash on you for such occasions.
- Finishers Medals: All our riders get a well-deserved finishers medal upon crossing the finish line.
- Fully arrowed circular route – All three Ride Reigate routes will be fully signposted all the way round. You will also receive a turn-by-turn route on paper as a back-up. There will be a .gpx route that you can download if you have a Garmin.
- Feed stations where you can stop to re-energise on all three routes. Our feed stops are stocked with energy focused food such as bananas, flap jacks, biscuits, sweets, energy drink, and water and there will be a mechanic on hand to help with any issues and facilities such as toilets are normally available.
- Don’t forget there is a free beer from Pilgrim Brewery waiting for you at the finish line
You will be sent a full kit list for Ride Reigate when you register. The main kit to bring will include:
- Bike and helmet
- A puncture repair kit (lever, pump, 2 spare tubes)
- Suitable clothing; wicking cycling top, padded cycling shorts, cycling gloves, a windproof/waterproof top
- Your own supply of energy/feed bars, gels and powders (if you use them)
- Sunglasses and Sunscreen
- First Aid Kit
- Money (to get home)
- Mobile phone
- Change of clothes/footwear for after the ride
The earlier you sign up, the more time you’ll have to train. Online pre-entry is the easiest way of entering Ride Reigate and saves £8.00 per person vs. entering on the day. Online pre-entry will save you time on the day of the event allowing you to simply pick up your registration pack from the registration points.
Please note: if an event reaches its capacity we will have to close the event to riders wanting to enter on the day. It is therefore best to pre enter online to avoid disappointment!
Everyone who enters Ride Reigate has to agree to our terms and conditions. You will have to acknowledge your acceptance of these terms and conditions during checkout, so please do take a look at them. You can read our terms and conditions here.
We provide public liability insurance for all our riders. You should, however, get personal insurance to cover injury to yourself, damage or theft of your bike or personal property.
All three Ride Reigate routes will be fully signposted all the way round. You will also receive a turn-by-turn route on paper as a back-up. There will be a .gpx route that you can download if you have a Garmin.
- 100k route: £30
- 50k route: £25
- 25k route (Adult): £15
- 25k route (Child – 9-16): £10
£1 of every registration fee will be donated to St Catherine’s Hospice. This donation will be matched by our event partner Pilgrim Brewery. St Catherine’s Hospice is a local charity with a big ambition: to help everyone face death informed, supported and pain free. Providing expert hospice care, St Catherine’s is there for people in West Sussex and East Surrey when life comes full circle.
They also pioneer standards in end of life care through collaboration, research and training, reaching even more people facing death and bereavement. Your fundraising means we can be there when and where people need us most.